ADSM-L

Re: Dsmsched.log and timestamp

1999-02-08 22:33:39
Subject: Re: Dsmsched.log and timestamp
From: Kells Kearney <kells AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:33:39 -0700
  Same problem, same fix!  :)

  [ For people not familiar with this bug, anything run from /etc/inittab
thinks
that it is in the Eastern Standard Time zone, and in order to remedy this,
you have to set the Time Zone (TZ) variable, which is normally set in the
file /etc/TZ.  After checking the HP support site, I could not find a reference

to change this particular "feature" in HPUX 10.x.  I do not know if HPUX 11.x
suffers from the same problem.
  The fix involves create a small shell script to set the TZ variable and then
runs the dsmc sched command.
  ie
   adsm:3:respawn:/usr/local/bin/runsched </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1

  where runsched looks like

  #!/usr/bin/ksh
  . /etc/TZ
  exec /usr/bin/dsmc sched </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1

  Enjoy! ]

kells

Any coincidence of opinion, real or imagined, between myself and
Mainland Information Systems is exactly that.