ADSM-L

Re: retrieval of archived files?

1999-02-08 15:27:03
Subject: Re: retrieval of archived files?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:27:03 -0600
     The owner of an archive is the ID that performed the archive, given
     that user id had at least read access to the file to begin with.  To
     see the archive and/or retrieve it you must either be the ID that
     archived the file, be root, OR from the id that archive the file
     perform a "set access archive /oracle/data/backup/*/*   *    *"

     OK in reading a little further... are the files in subdirectories?
     if so, you must add the -subdir=yes to the query request...
     the webclient might default to subdir=yes...

     later,
          Dwight