ADSM-L

Re: Two Web Clients on One Machine

1999-02-08 11:47:39
Subject: Re: Two Web Clients on One Machine
From: Rob Edwards <rob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:47:39 -0500
Dennis,

It is possible to run 2 web clients on one machine. To install the services
(2 services comprise the Web Client) required to run the
second instance of the Web Client, perform the following:

1.  Install the second client acceptor service by issuing:

      dsmcutil install cad  /name:"ADSM Client Acceptor 2" /node:<nodename>
                                             /password:<password>
/optfile:dsm2.opt

2.  Install the second remote client agent service by issuing:

      dsmcutil install remoteagent  /name:"ADSM Remote Client Agent 2"
/node:<nodename>
                                           /password:<password>
/optfile:dsm2.opt
                                           /partnername:"ADSM Client
Acceptor 2"

Note: Only the client acceptor services should be configured to start
automatically.  The remote client agent service will be started by the
client acceptor service when needed, and stopped when no longer needed.

Hope this helps.

Rob
(Internet: rob AT us.ibm DOT com)

Dennis Riley <driley AT USWEST DOT COM> on 02/05/99 02:54:56 PM