ADSM-L

ADSMPIPE on NCR server

1999-02-05 14:29:29
Subject: ADSMPIPE on NCR server
From: Ronnie Ignacio <rigna1 AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:29:29 -0500
Hi ADSMers,

I've been trying to install ADSMPIPE on an NCR server/MP-RAS 4.0 O/S but to no
avail. My ADSM
client is v3 rel1 lev 0.3. When I downloaded the ADSMPIPE utility, I noticed
that there is a program for
AIX and Solaris. So I picked the Solaris, and proceeded with the installation.
When I ran the make
adsmpipe command, I got the following error:
ROOT:/usr/adsmpipe/solaris/adsmpipe> make adsmpipe
        cc  -c adsmpipe.c
NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c
(c) Copyright 1994-97, NCR Corporation
(c) Copyright 1987-97, MetaWare Incorporated

E "/usr/adsm/api/dsmrc.h",L19/C19:      (syntactic)  unexpected
symbol:'<IDENTIFIER>':RetCode
REPAIR:   ',' was inserted before
'<IDENTIFIER>':RetCode@"/usr/adsm/api/dsmrc.h",L19/C19
w (#657):       (info) How referenced files were included:
|    File /usr/adsm/api/dsmrc.h from adsmpipe.c.
1 user error   1 warning
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

make: fatal error.

If someone is using ADSMPIPE on an NCR server, would you share how you
installed the utility. I'll
appreciate any input.

Regards,
Ron