ADSM-L

Re: Return code 4 is using -tab/-comma in batch dsmadmc.

1999-02-04 19:39:53
Subject: Re: Return code 4 is using -tab/-comma in batch dsmadmc.
From: Ajax Dempsey <adempsey AT SUTMYN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:39:53 -0800
Carl,

I experienced a similar, and probably related problem using "select * from
PROCESSES".

It appears that the STATUS column contains new line characters, which are
not being handled correctly, since with -tab output, newlines delimit the
output for each row.

I am running on Solaris 2.6, and depending on the nature of the data, ADSM
might hang or crash.

I have referred the problem to IBM, and am awaiting a fix.  Meanwhile, I
modified my code to parse the processes individually, and without the -tab
option, as follows:

Issue:

"dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -out -tab -noc select process_num, process
from processes"

Parse the tab delimited output to extract each process_num.

Issue the following for each process_num:

"dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -out -noc select status from processes where
process_num="

Parse the output for the single column without tabs.

I hope this helps.

Ajax Dempsey