ADSM-L

Re: Management Class Specification

1999-02-04 13:35:28
Subject: Re: Management Class Specification
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:35:28 -0500
Some things to check:

1.  Did you back the files up via the scheduler service, or via the GUI?
If you are using the scheduler service, you have to stop it and restart it
any time you make changes to your dsm.opt file before the changes will take
effect.

2.  Did you reactivate the Network Services policy set after making changes
to the managmement class?
That is something else you have to redo every time you make changes.

3.  Are the files on your D: drive that you want to back up to the new
management class all in the \Data\ directory?
Your INCLUDE statement would only apply to files in the \Data\ directory
that have a "." in the name.

If you want to get all the files on the D: drive that are in the \Data\
directory, your INCLUDE statement should be:

include d:\Data\*

If you want to get all the files on the D: drive that are in the \Data\
directory and its subdirectories, you should use:

include d:\Data\...\*

Good luck!