ADSM-L

Using Pre and Postschedule commands

2015-10-04 17:47:36
Subject: Using Pre and Postschedule commands
From: Julie Phinney
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I need to use a Pre and Postschedule command for an client on Sat. nights,
but not during the rest of the week.
It seems to me the easiest way would be to add those commands to a Saturday
night schedule for that machine.  But since those aren't command line
options, I can't put them in a schedule, right?

If I must put them in the DSM.OPT, and  have 2 different schedule services
running on the client, one for each dsm.opt, then I must have 2 node names,
right?  One assigned to the Sat. schedule and one assigned to the M-F
schedule.

Perhaps the best way to do this is with the NT   AT command?

How is anyone else doing it?
I'd like to use the ADSM Scheduler service to do it if possible.

Thanks,
Julie