ADSM-L

Re: [Fwd: CLIENT SOLARIS - IP21374]

1999-02-02 16:08:52
Subject: Re: [Fwd: CLIENT SOLARIS - IP21374]
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:08:52 +1300
> I had ben installed client solaris without problem , but when  start
> DSM , i got a message ;
>
> ld.so.1 /opt/IBMadsm-c/sol251/dsm : fatal : libDtHelp.so.1 : cant't open
> file : err2 Killed .

You need to install some of CDE [Common Desktop Environment windowing
system].  For Solaris 2.5.1 these are on a the "Desktop 1.1" CDROM,
not the main Solaris install CD.

There is a note in the 2.5.1 client README about needing this package
for the GUI.  The rest of the system is fine without it.

If you don't want to install all of CDE onto a server, then you just
need the package "SUNWdtbas" which has the shared libraries.  Find the
SUNWdtbas directory on the Desktop CD.  In the *parent* directory run

        pkgadd -d . SUNWdtbas

Russell