ADSM-L

Migrating HSM file system - APAR IC22728

1999-02-02 11:40:37
Subject: Migrating HSM file system - APAR IC22728
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:40:37 +0100
Hi,

I am planning to migrate our HSM file system from AIX 4.1 / ADSM 2.1.0.7
to AIX 4.3 / ADSM 3.1.0.6. According to the READMEs, all files have
to be recalled for doing this. Since this is no option for me (I don't
have 270 GB disk space), I thought of creating an empty file system and
doing a restore, but some tests showed, that the -restoremigstate=yes
option is not working; (pre)migrated files are restored to a resident
state. In fact, this bug is known as APAR IC22728, which is still open.

Since this problem is urgent for me, does anybody know when IC22728 will be
fixed?

Are there other options, i.e. are there any combinations of AIX and ADSM
level where this bug does not exist? Has anybody done something similar?

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfälische Wilhelms-UniversiReinhard
Mersch                        Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität