ADSM-L

Single Tape Recovery

2015-10-04 17:47:36
Subject: Single Tape Recovery
From: John C. Wranovics <johnw AT fredrickgroup DOT com>
To: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Could someone help, this is driving me crazy ??

 Could someone give me a detailed example of how to reclaming tapes using a
 single tape drive.

 My tapes are stored in a sequential pool named    4MMPOOL0
 My  device is 4MMCLASS0

 According to the ADSM manual I should do the following:

 define stgpool tapepool1 fileclass maxscratch=100
                          (what name should I give fileclass ?

 define stgpool tapepool1 tapeclass maxscratch=100
reclaimstgpool=reclaimpool
                         (what name should I give   tapepool1,  tapeclass,
 and reclaimpool

 update stgpool reclaimpool nextstgpool=tapepool1
                        (is tapepool1 here the same name as tapepool1 in the
 above step

 Thanks in advance for the help, I need it.

 John