ADSM-L

[no subject]

1999-02-01 06:53:57
From: Maria Jose Rodriguez Canales <mar_jose AT ES.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:53:57 +0000
Hi everybody, I need some help about performance.

  My customer is using a 12/24 GB Internal Tape Drive attached to a Netffinity
with OS/2 running on it. We took a backup of about 1.1 GB and the delayed time
was 1 h and 38 minutes. However, the theorical rate of the device is of 1.1
MB/sec and 2.2 MB/sec with compression.

  We've tried using the tuning parameters listed in the Tuning and Performance
Manual, such as TXNGROUPMAX and TXNBYTELIMIT up to the maximum values, but,
however, the performance hasn't changed. Has anybody any recommendation?.

  Thank you very much.

                                                        Mariajo.

María José Rodríguez Canales
Dpto. Gestión de Sistemas y Redes - IBM