ADSM-L

Re: Informix ONBAR logical logs

1999-01-29 12:34:50
Subject: Re: Informix ONBAR logical logs
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:34:50 -0700
Excellent utility.  Worked like a charm the first time (though I compiled
as follows: cc -I. -g -Aa expire.c -lXApi -o expire).

If you do a show versions for an instance, you will see the filespace name
and hi/lo objects.  Example from one of my logs:

/can_shm : /can_shm/1/ 103 (MC: CALA_INFORMIX)
Active, Inserted Fri, Jul 10, 1998 05:27:45 PM

The expire command would be

expire /can_shm /can_shm/1/103

Notice the no space.  Also, set DSMI_CONFIG correctly, since the nodename
and all are set NULL (as they should be with generate).

Thanks for the useful code!

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com