ADSM-L

Re: Skip for a day.

1999-01-29 11:30:00
Subject: Re: Skip for a day.
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:30:00 -0600
     and you can also set administrative schedules to alter "stuff" within
     adsm...
     Say on Monday 1/25/99 you decide you don't want a scheduled event to
     run on Saturday 1/30/99 that is set to run daily at 18:00, you can set
     an administrative schedule to run Sat 1/30/99 at 06:00 (one time
     sched) that does an "upd sch xxxdomainxxx somesched startd=+1" or you
     could use startd=01/31/1999
     this way when you think of what you need to do you can schedule it and
     forget about it...

     When client node goes away, I usually try to set an admin schedule for
     6 months down the road to do a "delete file expirednode *" then for a
     day after that (to give the delete time to run) I schedule a "remove
     node expirednode"  then all I have to do is remember to clean up my
     one time admin scheds from time to time...