ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Hello All:

We are just about to turn on our New IBM Netstor Box ...

I am having a little difficulty agreeing on a policy for the number of
versions we should keep. We all agree that the OS and temp directories
should only have one or two versions ...

But the UNIX home directories and the NT user mounts .. are a bit
difficult ...

My gut feel is to initially start with unlimited versions, too see how
many versions the users would normally use ... but my management is
concerned that we will use up all the tapes ...

We have about 100 GB of NT disks, another 100 GB of UNIX file systems ..
and 400 GB of Oracle data.

We purchased an IBM 3466/C0 with the IBM 3575 /L24 which can hold up to
1200 GB.

Does anyone allow unlimited versions ..?? How is it working out ...???

Any other comments would be appreciated ...

-Fred