ADSM-L

Re: ADSM v3.1 and compression

1999-01-28 17:06:37
Subject: Re: ADSM v3.1 and compression
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:06:37 -0600
     with a good client processor the 'compress time' + 'transfer
     compressed data time' < 'transfer uncompressed data time'
     or that's what we've found with sun & aix clients

     client compression yields compressed data that fits about 9.8GB on a
     3590 tape... in other words, the client compression is equal to that
     of the 3590 tape drive.

     the best thing we've done for our novell clients is to convert to adsm
     V3  I believe the last big restore (12+GB, a logical volume) ran about
     4+GB/hr-ish... way better than with V2