ADSM-L

Re: Backup error ???

1999-01-28 11:40:05
Subject: Re: Backup error ???
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:40:05 -0500
>Could anyone please explain to me what are these errors imply ??
>/u18 filesystem is a regular file system - not and NFS.
>
>01/27/99   23:32:31 ANS4010E Error processing '/u18': stale NFS handle

ANS4010E Error processing '<SOME_FILE_SYSTEM>': stale NFS handle
        Could be that there is a defined NFS mount point in /etc/filesystems
        but the remote filesystem no longer exists - it had been made local
        to improve access time. At machine start the NFS mounter would try to
        mount the remote filesystem, fail, and go on. Eliminating the
        unnecessary stanza in the /etc/filesystems fixed it.

  Richard Sims, Boston University OIT