ADSM-L

Re: Excluding a filespace

1999-01-28 10:39:56
Subject: Re: Excluding a filespace
From: John Price <jprice AT AMSOUTH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:39:56 -0600
While we're on this subject, I'd like to ask if anyone else has seen this
behavior:
[client = OS/2 version 3.1.0.5]
In "Using the OS/2 Backup-Archive Client", Chapter 6 "Setting Common Options",
it is implied that both
INCLUDE and EXCLUDE handle special characters in the same way. However,
     INCLUDE E:\SOMEDIR\...\*
will include all the files in SOMEDIR and all its subdirectories while
     EXCLUDE E:\SOMEDIR\...\*
will exclude ONLY the files in subdirectories but include the files in SOMEDIR
itself. To get rid of both,
     EXCLUDE E:\SOMEDIR\*
     EXCLUDE E:\SOMEDIR\...\*
is required.
And EXCLUDE E:* works while EXCLUDE E:\* doesn't.

If I'm just imagining this, please send all angry or harassing e-mail directly
to me, not the list ;)
John M. Price
Server Support Analyst
AmSouth Bancorporation