ADSM-L

Re: HSM & storage pool limits.

1999-01-27 18:46:44
Subject: Re: HSM & storage pool limits.
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:46:44 +0800
Arshad,

The obvious thing to do in your case is to turn Caching ON on the
Diskpool.  This will then keep as much data as possible in the
diskpool, but have the added protection of having it on tape as well.
You could then do a daily migration to tape for added protection, and
you would then only be relying on the HIMIG threshold to start
migration if there was an enormous amount of data going to the diskpool
each day.

The policies for migration are not optimal for pools that contain data
from one file system as you point out.

Cheers,
Simon