ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52

We are relative newbies to the world of ADSM and are trying to determine how
best to plan our disaster recovery.  We have reviewed the manual ADSM Client
Disaster Recovery: Bare Metal Restore but still have a few questions.  Our
MVS ADSM server is 3.1.2.0 and our NT 4.0 machines are using ADSM clients
varying from 3.1.0.3 to 3.1.0.6.

In the Bare Metal Restore manual, it talks about creating the new NT machine
with a similar hardware configuration of the destroyed ADSM client. If this isn't
possible and you have to change your hardware configuration, is there any
documentation that discusses how to recover the client data to a new
hardware configuration.  Specifically, our NT gurus would like to be able to
restore selective parts of the registry (excluding any hardware specific info)
and are concerned about any files, such as HAL.dll, that may be hardware
specific.  Any insights/recommendations would be appreciated.

Roger Monteith
rdm AT email.ais.unc DOT edu
(919) 962-2447