ADSM-L

Re: Null database

1999-01-27 12:18:22
Subject: Re: Null database
From: Ajax Dempsey <adempsey AT SUTMYN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:18:22 -0800
I have done a large amount of ADSM testing having the same "null database"
requirement.  Since the tests required complicated ADSM configurations that
I didn't want to recreate every time I reran the test, I did the following
on my Solaris 2.6 system:

1) Followed your procedure to create a null database.
2) Manually registered the admin from the server_console.
3) Logged on with the admin client.
4) Executed a MACRO containing all the ADSM configuration commands.
5) Halted the ADSM Server.
6) Copied the db.dsm to db.null.dsm
7) Copied the log.dsm to log.null.dsm

Then, before executing each test that required a null database, I would
copy the db.null.dsm and log.null.dsm files to replace the db.dsm and
log.dsm, then start the ADSM server.

I don't know if this will work on non-solaris systems.

Ajax Dempsey