ADSM-L

Re: is it running ??

1999-01-27 06:22:34
Subject: Re: is it running ??
From: Wayne Norris <wjnorris AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 06:22:34 -0500
Yotin
      We have AIX clients and when my activity log shows my server was
unable to contact the client,
      I check on the client to see,  if the scheduler is up by issuing the
following
       ps -ef | grep dsm
       if I then see the process "dsmc sched" I know the scheduler is
currently running,
       If its not running
           I check the log files to see if I can determine why it went down
and
           check the inittab file to make sure the adsm scheduler cmd will
be executed after a reboot
        After fixing any problems I restart the scheduler on the client
with
        nohup path/dsmc sched &

He ponders the dangers inherent in the advantages,

and the advantages inherent in the dangers.
                                          "Art of War"
TL (444) 254-9611

Yotin Chennavasin <yotin.chennavasin AT HGUARD DOT COM> on 01/26/99 02:58:00 PM