ADSM-L

HSM & storage pool limits.

1999-01-27 03:31:45
Subject: HSM & storage pool limits.
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:31:45 PST
Hello ADSMers,

  I had a wonderful experience once again I know it is suppose
to work like this but my question is, is there a work around?
or to ADSM developers that why it like this. Now this is what
happend:

I have a AIX filesystem of 70Gig which is HSM filesystem
I have a storage pool (Space Management storage pool) of 600Gig
which are disks then I have a Second level storage pool which
is robot. The first storage pool has %High of 90% & %low of
70%. This weekend first time we crossed this 90% mark & the
data started migrating to Robot BUT it moved all the 600Gig to
robot i.e. not stopping at 70%. which is true because in this
case we have only one filespace (filesystem) & all should be
migrated at one time but now are disks are empty & we are accessing
the data from robot which is ..... lets says not very amazing.

My Questions are:

1) Is there a work around?
2) Why all the data on a single filespace has to migrate together
  technically speaking?
3) Is there are a way to get some data back to disk pool. I do not
want to recall the files to disks & then migrate again?

To split the filesystem to small onces will be the last thing
I want to do & practically impossible which so much data.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Arshad Munir