ADSM-L

Re: Unix bare metal

1999-01-26 16:45:46
Subject: Re: Unix bare metal
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:45:46 -0500
We do this also.  The mksysb backups are done via nfs to a NIM server,
which can be used to quickly re-install the mksysb backup image over the
network.  The mksysb backups are archived from the NIM server (except for
the mksysb of the ADSM server itself).

Works nicely, but only for AIX.

..Paul

At 05:25 PM 1/26/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>At the moment we are taking separate mksysb's of our unix clients and
backing up
> everything alse we need via ADSM.
>
>For a bare metal restore we bring back the mksysb, then restore using the
ADSM