ADSM-L

Collocation Experience

1999-01-26 08:39:15
Subject: Collocation Experience
From: Shira Hayun <shira AT TLV.IEC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:39:15 +0200
Hello all,

I need u to share your experience about working with collocation.

Lately I have ran some tested that showed that during restore, ADSM performs
around 14 mounts, which takes ~7 minutes each --> a fact that reflects the
restore time significantly.

Now we consider working with collocation. My site contains 150 clients, most of
the clients r relatively small (q auditocc --> ~10 Gb each), and few clients
(~20) occupies large volume of storage (q auditocc --> ~120 Gb each)

I read the archive list, and found the discussion about the tape wear while
working with collocation. The data I wish to know is:

 * During time, does ADSM keeps the data of a client on minimum number of
tapes, or does the efficiency of the collocation procedure drops down?
 * Does the migration process finishes on time (before new round of backups)
while collocation is set on.
 * What is the average amount of tapes that contains one client data.

Any input will be welcomed.

Best Regards,

Shira.