ADSM-L

Re: Please Help - Backup retention

1999-01-25 18:15:08
Subject: Re: Please Help - Backup retention
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:15:08 +0800
Guy,

I would keep my BACKUPS the same and do a specific ARCHIVE of the
relevant files which need to be stored for specific periods of time.
You would need different ARCHIVE management classes for each time
period.  This would mean you would keep 2 copies of certain files on
ADSM for the 28 days after each of these periods but that is no big
deal.  This is exactly what ARCHIVE is meant for.

Cheers,
Simon