ADSM-L

ADSM/Oracle Startup/Shutdown on DEC UNIX client

1999-01-22 10:21:27
Subject: ADSM/Oracle Startup/Shutdown on DEC UNIX client
From: "Kerssen, Larry" <Larry.Kerssen AT METROKC DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:21:27 -0800
I'm attempting to use the PostSchedulecmd & PreSchedulecmd to invoke an
Oracle start & stop for the ADSM incremental backup.  I know the ADSM
scheduler invokes the command because I can place a write statement in the
command script and it works.  It appears I am having a permissions problem
with the Oracle commands.  Does anyone know how I can verify this and if so,
fix it?   I'm assuming the ADSM scheduler is running as "root" user.  I also
don't know how to tell on DEC UNIX what userid the ADSM scheduler is using.
The client is on a DEC UNIX client running ADSM 3.1.05.  My ADSM server is
running on MVS (3.1.01).  I invoke the pre & post commands from an option
assigned to the client node, in the ADSM server.  I've also tried the pre &
post commands in the client options file, with the same results.