ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Hi Winfried:

It is really hard to compare ADSM with the traditional backup packages
..
ADSM is much more sophisticated ... In its philosophy of backups .. ADSM
does
not have any concept of full and part dumps .. It always does
incremental backups .. this makes ADSM much different from Legato and
all other products.
Look into ADSM's "incremental forever" philosophy ...

As for some specific issues, we found that ADSM supported more different
kind of clients that the other packages ... for example: Linux and VAX.

We also liked ADSM's archive functions. It has an intuitive GUI that
allows to to create Archive "packages" ... it also has great searching
utils.

JMHO

-Fred