ADSM-L

FW: ADSM Performance Question

1999-01-21 11:18:31
Subject: FW: ADSM Performance Question
From: "Butt, Jawad (CAP, ITS, CA)" <JButt AT GECTS.GE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:18:31 -0500
Currently i only have one drive in the DLT , but we are planning to get
a second one soon, so for now i suppose i cant take advantage of
multiple migration processes

However, i am a bit confused, coz i always thought backing up to disk
(SSA ) was fster than getting it directly to tape. I just have one
client, i am using SHMEM for transport, so in this case, i am wondering
if i wouldnt be better off just backing them directly to tape as you
mentioned...
so in this case would u recommend not having any diskpool at all, or
just a small one?

Thanks