ADSM-L

Single Drive Reclamation -Reply

1999-01-21 17:28:33
Subject: Single Drive Reclamation -Reply
From: Nelson Reis <NelsonR AT SOGH.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:28:33 -0600
John,

You need to create a reclaim pool, type=file. Then use this pool as the
reclaimpool for your tape pool. When a tape reaches the reclaim
threshold it will move the data to the reclaimpool. The reclaimpool then
migrates the data back to a "filling" tape and returns the original tape to
"scratch" status. My reclaim pool is 3.8 gig just for some idea.

Regards,
Nelson Reis.

>>> John Fowler <John.Fowler AT LA-Z-BOY DOT COM> 01/21/99 12:49pm

Is anyone out there using single drive reclamation? If so, what is the best
method? I have an RS/6000, ADSM 3.1 and 1 Magstar 3570. Any help
would be
appreciated.

John Fowler
La-Z-Boy Inc.