ADSM-L

Rewritable CD as DRIVE?

1999-01-20 13:01:22
Subject: Rewritable CD as DRIVE?
From: DIGEST Barry Fruchtman <bf AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:01:22 -0700
Ted,
    You didn't specify which devtype and devclass you were attempting
to use the CDRW with.
There is currently no support for CDRW in the server. The server
explicitly checks for CDROM in the REMOVABLEFILE devclass and rejects
the drive.  There is also code that explicitly accepts a floppy.

  BTW, if anyone knows of software that provides file system APIs for a
CDRW drive,
I'd be interested in hearing about - i.e., software that allows a CDRW
drive to be written
to as a floppy or hard disk.  I know about Direct CD from Adaptec; I'm
interested in hearing
about other software.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Development.