ADSM-L

Magstar 3570 configuration on AS/400 w/ ADSM

1999-01-20 10:40:40
Subject: Magstar 3570 configuration on AS/400 w/ ADSM
From: Chris Bak <cbak AT ICSFL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:40:40 -0500
Hello List,
I am having a problem configuring and setting up a Magstar 3570 tape drive
with ADSM on the AS/400 and was wondering if anyone could offer any
assistance.   My first experiences with ADSM came Monday when I was assigned
this task.  I've read the ADSM manuals and the pieces of the IBM Redbooks on
ADSM.  When I go into the ADSM utilility manager and choose the option to
"work with devices," I see the three tape drives that are in the 400.  The
three drives are the 3570, a QIC 1/4" tape drive, and an 8 mm drive.  The
3570 in configured on the 400 device list as "TAP01."  However, in the ADSM
device list, I see the storage pools for each, the device class for each,
and the library for each.  But with the QIC and the 8 mm I see the actual
drive.  On the Magstar, I do not see the drive.  I guess that I'm trying to
figure out why.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Chris Bak
Information and Computing Services
(904) 399-8500 x34
cbak AT icsfl DOT com