ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Update Problem

1999-01-20 07:49:11
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Update Problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:49:11 -0500
>ANR0444W Protocol error on session s for node CLIENT (WinNT) -
>out-of-sequence verb (type SignOFF) received.

>>When we get that message, it's due to something being out of whack on an NT
>>3.1.0.5 client.  The fix for us is to put 3.1.0.6 on the offending client,
>>and lock it out until the time 3.1.06 can be installed on it.

This is an old chestnut problem, of which you will see a lot in the ADSM-L
archives.
The specified client is attempting to establish a session, but no
password has been established.  (Passwordaccess=Generate)
As root, simply run a client-server command like 'dsmc q sch' to
re-establish the password.
It would be nice if the messages manual reflected the reality of
many of these problems.
        Richard Sims, BU