ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Update Problem

1999-01-19 17:00:35
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Update Problem
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:00:35 -0800
Had this message today, cause and solution were as follows.
For whatever reason, Our technicians were working on an ADSM backed up
server.
They shutdown the server, then brought it up with a new machine ID.
On startup, the ADSM scheduler service tried to contact the ADSM server,
and resulted
in the same problem you describe below.
Even after they restored the origional machine name, the same error was
generated.
The solution was to run the updatepw command.
"dsmcutil updatepw /nodename:client /password:XXXXXX"
I was then able to restart the scheduler without problem.
Also, Our tech's have been asked to stop the ADSM scheduler service when
they play.