ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Update Problem

1999-01-19 16:53:18
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Update Problem
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:53:18 -0500
I haven't had this specific problem and don't know what is causing it, but
the message indicates it is being caused by the startup of the CLIENT code,
not the server code.

Here's a suggestion:
Go to START-> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL -> SERVICES.
If you see "ADSM Central Scheduler Service", STOP the service, and change it
from AUTOMATIC to MANUAL start for now.

That should prevent the Backup client code from restarting automatically.
Then try restarting your ADSM server, see if you have other problems with
it;

If the server is OK, then start the backup client manually and see if you
can see anything wrong there.

Hope this helps...

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert