ADSM-L

Re: Tape Volumes

1999-01-19 16:21:40
Subject: Re: Tape Volumes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:21:40 -0500
You do a RESTORE VOLUME and specify the output POOL, not the output volume.
Assuming the data on that disk volume had already been copied to a Copy pool
tape, ADSM will find the data on the copy pool tape, and put it back to the
pool you specify.  Default is to go back to the pool it came from, which
would be your disk pool.

After you have restored every thing you can, you DELETE the disk volume and
specify DISCARDDATA=YES.  That deletes all the references in the data base
to data that was on the volume.

Any files that were unrestored, but still reside on a client machine, should
get backed up again the next time an incremental runs.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert

.