ADSM-L

Re: Tape Volumes

1999-01-19 14:25:54
Subject: Re: Tape Volumes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:25:54 -0500
Mark,
Since one of your COPY pools is already onsite, you can even eliminate some
of these steps.

1.  In the GUI, Highlight the volume you marked DESTROYED.
2.  Pull down FILE, RESTORE VOLUME.
3.  If the COPY pool volumes are still onsite (marked READ/WRITE or
READ/ONLY), ADSM will just start mounting the appropriate tapes and copy all
the lost data back into your primary pool.

If you have a robotic library, that's all there is to it.
If you are using the 2-legged variety of tape-mounters, you might still want
to go through the PREVIEW step that Stefan described to get a list of the
tapes needed.