ADSM-L

Re: archive retention time

1999-01-19 12:10:57
Subject: Re: archive retention time
From: "Eggert, Randall" <REggert AT WIS.TWC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:10:57 -0600
Steven,
Your query has non-applicable statements in regard to ARCHIVE.

        When you ARCHIVE a file, it will be retained a fixed number of days
according to the ARCHIVE management class you specified (or defaulted to),
then purged from the ARCHIVE storage pool.

ARCHIVES do not keep track of "last version", since this is a parm of a
BACKUP management classes.

If you have inadvertantly swapped "BACKUP" for "ARCHIVE" in your query
below, I will assume the following settings in you Backup Management Class;
        "Length of time to retain extra backup version" = 186
        "Length of time to retain only backup version" = 60

The ADSM Collective will correct me if I am wrong, but once the file has
been deleted, it looks to me that ADSM will treat the file accordingly, and
expire it from its backups after 60 days.

Hope this helps
Randy