ADSM-L

excluding files on restores

1999-01-19 09:25:02
Subject: excluding files on restores
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:25:02 -0500
Am I just blind, or is there no way to EXCLUDE files during a restore (other
than naming all files/directories to be restored)??

I'm having no trouble backing up my HP servers, but I have two different
restore scenarios.
1)  Restore to new machine -- everything backed up gets restored
2)  Restore to hot-site machine -- I don't want to restore /dev directory
and some specific files, such as /etc/hosts.

Any suggestions on a SIMPLE approach to handle this??

J. Douglas Agnew
Database Administrator
Charlotte Pipe & Foundry
Email: dagnew AT charlottepipe DOT com