ADSM-L

LABELS in V3

1999-01-18 09:55:56
Subject: LABELS in V3
From: Diana Cline <Diana.Cline AT ROSSNUTRITION DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:55:56 -0500
I have to say that they are weird and I don't understand their significance
yet. I have opened a problem ticket because I have three machines that I have
installed and all three machines have DIFFERENT labels listed in the GUI.

Two machines used to be V2 and then a V3 and now the latest V3 update. One
machine was a new install to the latest V3 client.  The labels are listed as
follows and if someone can tell me what the deal is I'd appreciate it. I don't
understand why they are not all the same. I know that Opsys Labels where
identical as follows (SERVER1_C, SERVER1_D,) etc. before it did its automatic
conversion of the label names.

 \\server1\c$ (\:)
 \\server1\d$ (D:)
 \\server1\e$ (E:)

 \\server2\c$ (\:)
 \\server2\d$ (\:)
 \\server2\e$ (\:)

 \\server3\c$ (C:)
 \\server3\d$ (D:)

Ok, see the difference?  What are they really supposed to be?  I haven't
installed many more V3 and won't until someone can explain this to me.

-Diana Cline