ADSM-L

Re: exclude list for Notes backup agent

1999-01-17 09:19:15
Subject: Re: exclude list for Notes backup agent
From: Gerhard Hansmair <PromptSoftware AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:19:15 +0200
>>From:         Anton Gubarkov <Anton.Gubarkov AT SONY DOT RU>
>>Date:         Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:24:02 +0300

>>Dear colleafues, maybe someone also encountered a problem of backing up
the
>>entire notes data directory. Everything goes fine but when backing up
>log.nsf a daily backup accounts to 6000 documents only from log.nsf. It
>>eats up my ADSM database space like hell! Can I exclude this database
from
>>backup?

 >did you try to add an "exclude <DRIVE>:<PATH TO NOTES DB>\log.nsf" to
>your dsm.opt ?

 Which version of dsmnotes do you have? With v2r1m8 exclude doesn't work.
 If you get the right syntax in your exclude list, you get error messages
about
 wrong conversation sequences and the backup skips the rest of the DBses.
 Seems like dsmnotes tries to bind the managementclass and gets an
returnCode
 about excluded documents, so it skips to the next database, but goes on
with
 the same ADSM-Session. Looks like nobody ever tried this (even the
programmer).

 With version 3 dsmnotes seems to handle the returnCode right.

 The syntax for exclude is something like:

       EXCLUDE                  ?:\$NOTESDIR\log.nsf\*\*

regards
Gerhard