ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Scripts

1999-01-13 14:17:32
Subject: Re: ADSM Scripts
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:17:32 -0600
     With something like doing an update to a storage pool to alter its
     high or low migration values... it is done before you get a prompt
     back.

     And remember, just 'cause you up the lowmig value doesn't mean the
     migration process(s), if any are runnning, will end any time soon.

     When a migration process initiates it gen's a list of files it is
     going to move.  It won't stop, prior to processing its entire list,
     unless you cancel the process.  Once a migration process "completes"
     the last thing it does is re-evaluate the status of the diskpool to
     see if it needs to initiate another migration process.

     anyway,
            later,
                  Dwight