ADSM-L

Re: Server conversion from NT to AIX

1999-01-13 13:19:34
Subject: Re: Server conversion from NT to AIX
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:19:34 -0600
If you plan on keeping the old system around, why not just export a copy of
the nodes, schedules, policies, mgmt classes, etc...  But not the data.
Then import them to the new system.  Change you clients to start backing up
to the new AIX server and let the data on the NT expire off.

Your users still have a way of getting to the old data if need be, and the
export won't be near as long.

Anthony Jones
ADSM Administration
Koch Industries, Inc.