ADSM-L

NT4, ADSM 3.1.6, and PC-Anywhere

1999-01-13 12:10:44
Subject: NT4, ADSM 3.1.6, and PC-Anywhere
From: "H. Mark Keintz" <mkeintz AT POP.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:10:44 -0500
We recently installed the ADSM backup and administrative clients (Ver 3,
Rel 1, Level 0.6) on a Windows NT4 SP3 machine.  ADSM is working fine.
However, the PC-Anywhere program previously installed on this machine no
longer runs properly.  When we attempt to bring up PC-Anywhere in host
mode, the system reports "unable to start service".  This continued to
happen even after uninstalling ADSM (although "uninstall" in Windows NT is
a relative term), and after reinstalling Pc-Anywhere.

I am not certain there is a relationship between our installation of
ADSM and the new failure of PC-Anywhere on Windows NT, but I ask this
list whether anyone else has had this problem.

I would also like to know whether anyone has **successfully** used
PC-Anywhere in host mode on a Windows NT 4.0 machine with ADSM 3.1.6
client installed and working.

thanks,
mark

Mark Keintz                            University of Pennsylvania / 6298
Computer Core Director                 Population Studies Center
mark_keintz AT pop.upenn DOT edu              3718 Locust Walk
phone: 215/898-6713   fax: 898-2124    Philadelphia, PA 19104-6298