ADSM-L

Migration vs restore request

1999-01-12 15:39:33
Subject: Migration vs restore request
From: Karen Krowzack <Karen.M.Krowzack AT UCM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:39:33 -0600
We are running ADSM Version 3.1.5 on our AIX Server and are seeing the
following:

When a user requests a restore for a Novell client at the same time the
MIgration scheduler is running, from data to disk to tape, his restore
request waits until AFTER the migration process is complete, which can takes
1-3 hours.  I thought that a restore request was supposed to take priority
over migration, and make available a tape drive for the restore.  Am I
wrong, or doing something wrong, or is this a bug (or a feature).  Any info
would be appreciated.  Thanks

Karen Krowzack
IBM Global Services
Tieline 461, x7309