ADSM-L

Re: Database Backup to another ADSM Server....

1999-01-12 13:15:09
Subject: Re: Database Backup to another ADSM Server....
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:15:09 -0500
You don't say what platform -
But you can define a device class of FILE, and direct your data base backup
to that device class, which creates the data base backup on disk instead of
tape.

I have used that technique before on ADSM for WinNT to get a data base
backup made onto a network-mapped drive that was physically attached to a
different machine.

I assume you could do the same thing with an NFS-mounted drive on ADSM for
AIX or other UNIX.

Naturally you have to fight issues of permissions, etc....

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert