ADSM-L

Re: 3575 Problems

1999-01-12 08:33:42
Subject: Re: 3575 Problems
From: Stefan Gocke <gocke AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:33:42 +0000
>Hello ADSMers,
>
>I have a 3575 L12 with 2 drives, connected to an SP node with AIX 4.3,
>ADSM 3.1.2.0, and Atape 4.1.7.0..  I get the following errors on both
>one of the drives:
>
>ANR8304E Time out error on drive RMT0 (/dev/rmt0) in library 3575LIB.
>
>When this happens the tape is left in the drive.  I think it's a
>hardware error.  However, the CE is less than enthusiastic about working
>on it.  Has anyone seen similar behavior? If so, how was it fixed?
>
>Thanks.
I've had those problems as well. It took me 3 days to convince the CE's to
change the drives. The problems
went away emediatly after that and have not reoccured since then.

Stefan Gocke
CompuNet Computer AG & Co.oHG
Volta Str.1
60486 Frankfurt
Stefan.Gocke AT gecits-eu DOT com (oder: gocke AT ibm DOT net)
Mobil: +49-172-6841213
Tel: +49-69-97779-319
Fax: +49-69-97779-286