ADSM-L

Question & problem with SELECT

1999-01-11 12:15:51
Subject: Question & problem with SELECT
From: "John M. Sorensen" <sorensen AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:15:51 -0700
I am using the new SELECT command to produce output for
consumption by a program (getting away from the QUERY
command output) and have run into two problems.

I cannot find a way to get the output for QUERY MOUNT or
QUERY REQUEST.  Neither seems to have been made
available through SELECT type queries.
Is this available somewhere in some readable table that
isn't obvious to me?

In the VOLUMES table, there are 20 columns.  However,
in the QUERY VOLUME output, there are 21 items.
The item that is missing in the VOLUMES table is the
LOCATION field.  This has forced me to retain the current
QUERY VOLUME command because I need to be
able to get the location information.  This one seems like a bug
to me (an oversight in the table definition for VOLUMES).
Anybody have any info about this?

Thanks!

John Sorensen
SSSI