ADSM-L

Re: ANS1436E with REGREST ENTIRE

1999-01-11 08:26:40
Subject: Re: ANS1436E with REGREST ENTIRE
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:26:40 -0600
I've had this error before. Check the Redbook Windows NT Backup & Recovery
for details on how to do a registry restore. Restoring a registry is not
quite as cut and dry as you would think.
If you still can't get the registry restored using ADSM, install a second
instance of NT and boot to this copy. From there restore the registry
manually i.e. copy from
c:\adsm.sys\registry\* to c:\winnt\system32\config . Make sure you have the
correct files from c:\adsm.sys\registry first. If you don't you can restore
manually using the Backup Archive client.

Regards,

Nathan