ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Howdy,
I've searched the forum since June 98 & this hasn't been answered
before.
I wish to share a 3494 between 2 AIX ADSM V3 servers where both servers
have a common scratch pool. The previous references to this suggest that
a 3494 can be shared between ADSM servers using separate scratch pools,
but no mention of the same scratch pool.

Is anyone doing this now?

My concerns are:-

1) Does ADSM call for a scratch tape ( & let the lmcp work out which
volume it gets) or does it call for a particular volume that would be in
a q libvol as scratch? If its the second I think we could get a "scratch
volume denied" type message.

2) We have to do a checkin search=yes on both systems regularly & a aud
libr to sync the libvol info across both systems.