ADSM-L

Re: Tape Prompt on ADSM Console

1999-01-08 14:09:03
Subject: Re: Tape Prompt on ADSM Console
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:09:03 -0500
You need to use something to notify operators.  What you use depends upon
where your server runs.  If it's on MVS or OS/390, then you should use an
automated operations software like OPS, Opera, Automate to display a
highlighted message when an operator action is needed.

Our servers are on AIX.  We have an admin session in console mode with the
output directed to a script.  When a message requiring operator action
occurs, the script issues the commands to notify the operators.  We used to
use SystemView/Netview's ovxbeep command to send a beep and a little popup
box to the PC that used to connect to that RS6000 box.  Now (since my
background is mainframe) I generate jcl that gets submitted to our MVS
system and issues a WTOR on the MVS system console.

I hope this helps a little.  You have to come up with something on your own,
because ADSM has no feature to do it.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics